1 – ADMISSION CONDITIONS
To be admitted to the Alliance française de Chandigarh, the student must be at least 15 years of age.
Geographic location – Online course
The Alliances Françaises practice the rule of geographic non-competition.
To be admitted to the Alliance française de Chandigarh for online courses, the student must provide proof of address certifying that he resides in one of the following regions or localities:
Punjab – Haryana – Himachal Pradesh – Leh – Ladakh – Jammu & Kashmir – Chandigarh and Uttarakhand.
Otherwise, he must provide written authorization from the Alliance Française to which he is geographically attached authorizing the person to join the Alliance française de Chandigarh.
Sessions and courses
There are 4 different course sessions during the year. The student must join one of the four sessions when registration opens. Exceptionally, the Alliance Française may open additional classes after the start of a session, thus opening the right to new admissions.
2 – FINANCIAL CONDITIONS
Participation in courses offered by the Alliance française de Chandigarh requires payment of the following fees:
As presented in the promotional material of the Alliance française de Chandigarh (course brochures and website). They must be paid in full before the start of the course. To ensure their place in the chosen course, the student will have to make payment as quickly as possible. A prompt payment will ensure the student a place in the chosen course.
Books and exercise books
They are not included in the tuition fees or in the registration fees. Books will not be returned or exchanged except in the event of reimbursement for a course and after checking the condition of the books by the media librarian. They can be purchased from the Alliance Française media library in Chandigarh or ordered directly from the publisher Goyal.
3 – REGISTRATION FORMALITIES
All non-beginner external students must take a placement test.
Regardless of the registration method chosen, non-beginner students must take an evaluation test online or on site before the start of a course in consultation with the course director, in order to have a guaranteed place in the course and at the chosen time.
Former students of the Alliance française de Chandigarh
Students from the Alliance français de Chandigarh who return after two sessions, ie after six months of absence, must take a placement test.
Former students of another Alliance française
The same 6 months rule applies for the placement test. These former students of the network must provide a course certificate and an authorization from the Alliance Française in question stipulating that they can register with the Alliance française de Chandigarh.
The customer can register:
To be noted: Once a class group is complete, the registration form on the website disappears, indicating that it is no longer possible to join the course in question.
Online: from our website https://chandigarh.afindia.org/
- Complete the form corresponding to the level of the course to be joined and send the following documents in dematerialized form: an identity document and an identity photo.
- Read the General Conditions of Registration (General terms of sale) and the appendices, and accept them by dating and signing the registration form.
- Pay the full online tuition fees according to the payment methods provided. The full tuition fees must be paid no later than the day before the start of the course. The later the payment, the less the place in the chosen course can be guaranteed.
- A payment receipt will then be issued by the Alliance française de Chandigarh. It will be presented to the teacher at the start of the course on the first day of the start of the new session.
- Alliance offers both online and offline classes. At the time of registration the student need to decide whether they want to join the online or the offline course for the entire session. Shifting between online to offline or vice versa is not permitted with the session concerned.
Online payment can be made:
Online by NEFT transfer, Net Banking or Google Pay.
On the spot – Alliance française of Chandigarh:
- Read these General Conditions of Registration (General terms of sale) and their appendices, and accept them by dating and signing the registration form;
- Pay the full tuition fees according to the payment methods provided.
- Return everything to the secretariat. The full tuition fees must be paid before the start of the course, which guarantees a place in the chosen course.
In case of late presentation, a place in the chosen course is no longer guaranteed.
Payment can be made:
On site by cash, Demand Draft or credit card.
Right to retract
When the client registers online or on site, he has the right to withdraw from the registration, without having to justify a reason up to one week before the start of a course. The customer wishing to make use of his right of withdrawal is required to notify it, within the legal deadlines indicated above, in writing and by completing the reimbursement request form posted on the website of the Alliance Française de Chandigarh.
4 – POSTPONEMENT / CANCELLATION
Postponement of registration
The client will be entitled to defer his Course Registration for a maximum period of one calendar year counting from the date of first registration. Only one postponement is allowed, subject to the receipt by the Alliance française de Chandigarh of a written request up to one week after the initially scheduled starting date of the course.
Cancellation and refund
Once paid course fees are non-refundable after the start of the course.
In the event of a class refund, only students present and having signed the attendance sheet at the course office will be reimbursed in proportion to the number of hours.
To be noted: In the event of postponement or cancellation, the calculation of the course price per hour takes into account the actual number of hours of lessons followed strictly consecutively, minus the hours cancelled or postponed.
The written request, accompanied by supporting documents, must reach the Alliance française de Chandigarh no later than 15 days after the date of interruption of the courses. Any postponement or cancellation granted is non-refundable and non-transferable to the account of other students.
5 – DELAY – CHANGE OF PROGRAM – MODIFICATIONS
In the event of a late arrival to a course, a place cannot be guaranteed. A postponement for a later session of the same course will be proposed, subject to availability.
No change of pace and schedule can be accepted once the initially chosen course program has started. If, however, a change of pace was to take place, the credit would not be repaid.
The Alliance française de Chandigarh reserves the right:
- to cancel a course where the number of people is insufficient (minimum 8 people). In the event that another course of an equivalent level cannot be offered, all of the corresponding Tuition Fees will be reimbursed to the client.
- to modify, if necessary, the timetables and the timetable of the courses, subject to informing the Student and the Client in advance.
6 – INSURANCE
Health, accident and civil liability insurance are the responsibility of the customer.
7 – CERTIFICATE OF ASSIDUITY
The student is required to attend classes diligently. A certificate of attendance will be issued on request.
8 – INTERNAL EVALUATIONS
There will be four internal evaluations during the session. No special evaluation will be made for unjustified absence. For valid absence the teachers need to be informed at least 24 hours in advance. Overall 50% marks are required to go to the next level.
9 – CERTIFICATE OF SUCCESS
A certificate of level success will be issued to the student on request. Marks obtained in the four evaluations and attendance will be reflected in your course attestation.
10 – EXCLUSION
In the event that the student breaches the internal regulations of the Alliance française de Chandigarh, which can be consulted at reception, the latter reserves the right to interrupt the training of the offending student, without reimbursement for lessons.